CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

CVS ECB Intro

There are a lot of people out there who are really good at "CVSing" (I think this is a new term... if not, consider it coined). I'm trying to get better at it because you can find some really great deals there! I love me some CVS, and I love to get some great deals with my Extra Care Card (ooooh boy if you don't have one, GET ONE!) but what I love to do MOST is to get FREE STUFF.

My favorite deals are the deals that give me the amount that I spend BACK in Extra Care Bucks (ECBs, from here on out). For example, let's say I buy a product for, say, $2.99. When my register transaction is complete, I will receive a printout on my receipt of $2.99 in ECBs to use on my next transaction.

So you are kind of paying out of pocket initially but then when you get your ECBs back, you can spend them on the next deal! Watch out though... the ECBs do expire. So be sure to use them... because even with an initial out-of-pocket expense, you still end up breaking even (or in some cases, making a profit).

Keep an eye out for my CVS ECB posts. In most cases, they will only include deals that return 100%+ in ECBs (because those are my favorite!!). I always try to take advantage of these deals no matter what the product is (which is why I randomly have ear rinse, bladder control pads, and Metamucil in my house, none of which I would normally have) because I am a sucker for a freebie, and you never know what houseguest or friend might need them!! If I try the deals myself, I will let you know at the bottom of each post by highlighting them in green. If I haven't yet tried the deals myself but have heard that they work, I will let you know at the bottom of each post by highlighting them in pink. No worries... I'll put my "key" at the bottom of each post!

Good luck, and happy CVSing!

0 comments: