CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sisters Saving Hearts, Cheerios Helping Hearts

I am really touched by what Cheerios is doing for the benefit of finding a cure for heart disease. From now until 1/31/2010 (that is a LONG time!), Cheerios will donate $1 toward heart disease research and free cholesterol screenings for every code (found inside specially marked boxes of Cheerios) you enter on Cheerios Helping Hearts. They'll keep going until they hit $200,000. Let's help them hit it!!

My guy really loves Cheerios, so I am hoping we'll be able to help out a lot. I've been involved in the American Heart Association's Heart Walk for the past few years and let me tell you, it feels good to know that the efforts you make are going toward something you really believe in. Unfortunately, heart disease exists in my family and in the families of many people I care about, so this initiative is a pleasure to work for.

There's a giveaway for this as well which, surprisingly, is not the reason I am blogging about it (though I would love to wear this bracelet around town to show my support). Check out the details for yourself, and spread the word.
Also, think about someone in your life that could be considered a "Heart Hero." Someone who goes above and beyond to really make a difference in the initiative to make a dent in the world of heart disease research. I am really proud to say that I know so many people who fit this description. I am humbled by said people every day!
If you know someone in the African-American community who fits this description too, go to Sisters Saving Hearts (a wonderful site) and nominate them. They could win $5,000 to give to a charity of their choice. But hurry! You only have until March 14, 2009.
Thanks to Shynea at "Penny Punching Diva" for sharing this information. I am happy to be part of this.

0 comments: